I am also in the process of cleaning the fencelines along the left side of my pasture. The neighbors allow theirs to grow wild and unfortunately it's creeping quickly into my side and the tallow (china-berry) trees grow fast and prolific. They are the worst. So I spend a few hours each morning cutting it all back and hauling it to the burn pile. I get the kid to help haul. They like riding the 4-wheeler.
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
It's just too hot for this!
Bush-hogging...a necessary evil when owning land...fortunately we didn't have to buy this lovely machine, but we are so very grateful that we are able to use it. It has definitely come in handy. Today's agenda was to get the pasture mowed before rain moved in. It was hotter than Hades out there, but August is our worst month and it's just hot no matter when you go outside.
I had a few tag alongs during my 3 hour mowing session. At first it was just one, then it must have called it's friends, because by the time I was almost finished, there were almost 15 of them. I don't see how they could have flown away after eating as many grasshoppers and bugs as they did. They were just gobbling them down as fast as they could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment