41,305 pounds of ground beef recalled
New recall:http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/R...ound_beef.shtml
This on top of the new spinach recall:http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=7007711&nav=9qrx
I shouldn't be surprised that there are more recalls in the food industry, but somehow I am always a bit taken back with each one. People in the U.S. shop everyday for their food and 'don't want to think about where it comes from' because as I've heard before: "Ignorance is bliss", or they just don't care, or they don't know what to do about it. Well for one, stop buying into the big corporate production facilities and go local. That's a start. Smaller is better although it means a little more money spent. I just don't like the way the big companies raise and process the food for America. It's not natural and there are too many people handling things and the system is just too big to have enough safeguards to protect us from contamination.
I am glad that we have the room and time to raise and grow a portion of what we eat. We don't buy eggs, bread, honey, some vegetables when the garden is good, pork, lamb, and some other meats you don't traditionally find at your local grocery chain, some fruits, never any jam since I make all of ours, soon we'll have milk and some kinds of cheese. We try and buy locally and seasonal for anything else. Keeping to the smaller local stores...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment