Saturday, September 1, 2007

An interesting morning already....

I was sitting here getting ready to post on my blog at around 7 this morning and got a phone call. It was my neighbor asking if I knew of anyone who owned a little black and white pony because their was one in her yard!

So I grabbed a bucket, a halter and walked next door. Luckily it was in her backyard that was a bit secluded and the pony had wandered into an area that I didn't have to worry about it getting near the road while I tried to catch it.

I sat with the bucket of feed and it was interested, but not overly...he (I found after getting close enough to see) wasn't trying to run away, but was sort of 'hiding' behind a big low-branched pine tree. He finally came forward a little and took a bite from the bucket. I had the halter inside the bucket so when he put his head in, I could pull it up and get it latched. Unfortunately the smallest halter I had is still way too big, but it did what I needed it to do. I led him back to my house and put him in with the sheep. He is in serious need of a hoof trimming and some grooming (which I took care of a little bit ago). I believe he belongs down the street about a half mile away, we'll see. Don't worry, I did not leave the halter on after I found that he was easy enough to catch. I didn't want him getting a little hoof caught in it.


No comments: