Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sorry....

That I haven't posted in a few days...things have been kind of busy lately. That seems to be the answer I always give when people ask me how I am: "Busy".

Steve came home the other day to another dead chicken. It was our dog I'm sure. I had let him off the chain to play with him, got busy outside, he had wandered off to sleep under the tree and then I headed back inside and forgot about him...Bad me. I do have a home for him. He's just waiting on a ride out there. A neighbor is going to take him to his mothers house. She has 40 acres, a few other dogs, and she's 2 miles from the nearest blacktop. Sounds like his kind of place. I hate to rehome him, but I don't want anymore dead things. I don't want him to start in on the babies hopefully coming this spring to the goats and sheep. The kids are already upset enough with having to see all this the last couple of weeks. Although they understand that it's the way it goes with farming sometimes, it doesn't make it any easier on anyone. Yeah, I could get rid of the farm animals, but we all like them and that's part of the reason we have property. Plus selling the eggs from the chickens pays for their feed, so it's not like we're having to put out any extra money on them...but I can't sell them and have some ourselves if I have a dog whose constantly killing them. UGH....

The fridge and TV are gone-doing the happy dance ~~~~~~~~, LOL. I assembled the shelves that I recently purchased for the homeschool stuff and have them now set up with all the stuff neatly on them. It sure is nice having those already. Nothing is on the table now and laying everywhere else. That was the best $20 deal I've gotten this year. Those things retailed at $65! I never would have paid that much for them!

I'm not too happy with the new freezer or fridge. The freezer is supposed to be frost free, yet it's got 1/8th of an inch of ice forming on the top of the door and on the inside of the freezer where the door meets and it had only been running for 2 days when that started to form; not good. I called the maker, that's not supposed to be happening and since I just got it I should return it, so I call the store, they'll have to have someone come out and look at it. Otherwise if I want it returned for another model, I have to pay a 15% restocking fee...nice! The fridge is having an ice build up issue too and the ice is getting stuck in the chute, plus if all the ice doesn't come down and you open the freezer, then the ice tumbles out.

So the tech comes out Tuesday next week...we'll see how that goes.

Oh, you have got to watch this video...well at least the moms do! I got a good laugh this morning.

No comments: