Woke up yesterday morning to balmy warm weather. Everything was covered in water droplets. As the day wore on the temps hit 80! Good grief! 80 degrees on January 6th is just not normal okay...atleast I don't think so. We've only had two days of freezing weather. I laugh at all the winter clothes in the store. I refuse to buy a ton of sweaters, jackets, boots, etc, when I will use it maybe a week during the entire year! LOL.
Today it's a very breezy 75-ish and I'm hanging laundry since the dryer has decided to start squealing. I had the service man out...he cleaned and oiled it, but said it's probably my motor going out. You should have seen the layer of lint trapped in there! That's mainly courtesy of the smart person that decided to run the dryer vent up through the wall, to the attic, and across the attic another 35 feet to the attic vent window...we did have it rerouted last year since we knew that set up wasn't a good idea, plus it was causing a water drip during the winter time from the moisture build up...which of course caused a water stain to appear on the kitchen ceiling! Unfortunately I think it is the motor and it's going to run us 200.00 to repair. I like my dryer...it's a good older Kenmore and the service man says it's actually a great model to own. He says the new dryers and such today are just cheaply made. We'll see...
An update on the 'new' Freezer situation. They came to attempt repairs on the 'old' new one and couldn't fix it...they refused to refund my money of course, so they exchanged it...for the same one, since I refuse to give away any more money to their company (Conn's!). Well what do you know...the new one has the same problem! Imagine that. Guess who's coming out tomorrow to fix it?! Yep, the same fella that's been here the last 4 times! Rediculous. You know, they have spent more money in gas coming to my house from the city and I'm sure they'll do the same with this one...but they refuse to give my money back so....I'll keep calling...what a waste of time!
The kids started back to school today. We're doing things a little differently. It's working well so far. No more slacking off from them (or me! LOL). Been getting up earlier so I can have lots of things done before we have to sit down and start. That went well today, only I forgot the darn bread that I was rising in the oven! I am experimenting with another loaf, but I don't think I'll be making it that way again! It's not doing so hot in there...
Gotta run...need to hang the last load of laundry out before it gets too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment