.jpg)
So one of our ewes had twins lambs on Friday. Unfortunately the little 2nd born is a bit weak. We're not sure what's up, but she's now being bottle fed...not sure if she'll make it, but we'll give it a go. She's also in the house, lol. Which those who know me, I'm sure it doesn't surprise you, lol! The temps dropped yesterday and she wasn't staying warm even with a little sweater I put on her.
I think it's been good though since in here she stays warm and can instead try to gain strength instead of just fighting to eat and stay warm outside.
Good thing I didn't toss all the goat milk out of the other freezer yet. That's what she's nursing on. I can milk her mom and I may still, but I have all that milk so no sense in wasting it. I needed it out of there though for the beef that we'll be bringing home in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it'll be gone by then the way this little girl drinks.
Here's a pic of Maggie keeping her company last night. The little dear slept all night as far as I know without a peep.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment