Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hey everyone....

It's been super busy around here lately...tax time, soccer games, practices, piano, farm stuff, finishing out the steer calf to ready next week for the butchers, clothes shopping for Tall Girl as she has no decent shorts to wear, cleaning and redoing Jacob's room-plus restacking his beds to make bunkbeds, doc appointments, trying to keep Sophie from jumping the 5 foot fence...which she does regularly now, but has yet to figure out how to get her goofy self back over, LOL...school, church, training the pony and it's child rider, and generally going non stop, LOL!

I am planning a trip to Florida to visit my mom and siblings. One of my brothers is getting married soon and so wedding shopping is on the agenda. Mom wants to go to Sea World too! This is a birthday trip for me...it will be nice for me to get away for a little while and relax without the kids and hubby needing my attention...it's very overdue...my mom lives right off the beach. I love laying on the beach...listening to the waves and it's not summer yet, so the beach won't be crowded (atleast until the weekend).

I'll be heading back down in September for another visit for the wedding-with the kids this time though. Steve has shutdown at the plant so he won't be able to go. He's not as into traveling as we are though so it doesn't bother him too bad, lol.

Unfortunately his niece is getting married in October and he won't be able to attend that one either. They'll still be in shutdown mode at the plant...

That is what has been going on in a nutshell. Oh, my boys soccer team is still winning. These kids rock. I hear other coaches...they hollar at their kids, needing to tell them what to do and where to be...I got lucky. I think I've trained the kids to actually think on the field and not need me. I say things here and there reminding them to remember what we practice, or to give a "great job guys", but other than that, they just play...and they do it pretty well!

2 comments:

Townsend said...

hey super busy it me onnie I just wanted to say happy B-Day and have fun in FL

MJ said...

LOL! I tried to call you the other day, but ur phone wasn't acceptin' phone calls it said, lol. Call me woman! LOL